Friday, July 27, 2012

The social Networking era Post # 5


I can not but resist myself from telling you a very interesting story of my life. For me it is not only interesting but also amazing while for you it may be neither. Anyway I think I should start. Shouldn’t I?
I was then a 6th or 7th grade student. I can’t exactly remember what it was. That is not important at all. I was the second boy of the class because my friend Opu was the first boy. At that time Opu was not my friend actually. He was just my classmate. I think everybody in the class noticed me that I am very calm and quiet in the class. I almost never respond to any question of the professor. When I was a high school student I was never like this at all. So, me and Opu always used to have a competition between ourselves to become the first boy in the class. Once he left the school in order to get admitted to one of the best schools of my country. I felt a sigh of relief because there was nobody ahead of me. Unfortunately he didn’t get chance to get admitted in the school he desired because of his weight. So he came back to the old school with a hell lot of frustration for me. I went back to my previous position of second boy. Opu was a way better student than me because he was hard working, he was smart, he was meritorious and good looking. He had the ability to lead the whole class. Everyone of the class accepted his leadership and the teachers adjudged him as the class captain. In my country we have tutorial centers where we have the opportunity to understand the course topics outside the classroom under the close observation of the tutor. In a typical classroom there used to be about 70 to 80 students, so it was always overcrowded while in the classes of tutorial centers there used to be not more than 15 students. Most often we used to go to the tutorial center as a group. So me and Opu went to the best tutorial center of the locality in order to defeat each other. We used to go to the same tutorial center after the school. Our school uniform was a white shirt and a navy blue pant. One day at the tutorial center we were busy in gossiping with each other while our tutor went outside to take a break. For some weird reason I purposely sketched a huge black line with my black ball point pen on Opu’s white shirt. Opu became very angry because of this and started yelling at me. He was so annoyed with me that he started punching in my face before I realized anything. I tried my best to protect myself with counter attack. Opu was stronger and taller than me. Soon it turned as an one sided battle. He started throwing me in the floor while I kept him punching. It was like a wrestling between us. Our friends tried their best to stop the fight. They failed.  By the mean time our teacher entered into room and saw us fighting. So he ordered us to stop the fight. We are not supposed to disobey the order of the teacher because it is considered as a sin in our country. So we stopped the fight. Our teacher listened about the whole issue and ordered me to say sorry to Opu because I was the main culprit. So, I said sorry to Opu but I was determined that I will never talk to Opu again. I decided to leave the school in order to get rid of meeting with Opu. After the fight, few days passed by. My short tempered brain started cooling down as well as Opu. We started talking with each other. At first it was just limited to hy, hallow. Later on I realized my fault and said sorry to Opu from the bottom of my heart. Opu also told me sorry for beating me up badly for my silly mistake. We became friends. We became the best friend of each other.
When we were graduated from 8th grade to 9th grade Opu’s father moved from that town to the city. So Opu, his mother and his younger brother also moved with his father. We promised with each other that we will always keep in touch with each other and we will meet each other from time to time. At the biginning we used to have phone conversation every week. Later on for some unexpected reason we started getting disconnected. Opu changed his cell phone number and I didn’t collect his number. After a course of time we hardly talked to each other because of the discontinuation of our communication.
When I came to New York about three years ago I was first introduced to the internet for the first time because information technology was scarce in the suburban of my country. From some friends of mine I came to know about facebook and they told me fascinating stories about facebook. So I opened an account on facebook and started looking for my friends. In one beautiful morning on the right hand corner of my facebook wall page I saw the suggestion about friends from facebook. The profile picture of one of the suggested facebook users draw my attention because it was familiar to me. So I opened his account to see who he was. I was surprised to see that it was my friend Opu. I sent a friend request to Opu without making any delay. I started thinking how the admin of the facebook came to know that Opu was my friend. Do they know magic? Later on I discovered that there assumption was simple. Opu was the friend of one of my facebook friend’s friend. Because Opu is my friend’s friend’s friend. Then there is a possibility to assume that we may know each other. Facebook just assumed that and it became true. Opu accepted my friend request and was very glad for our reunion through facebook. Our friendship was hindered because of the distance between us but facebook eliminated the gap between us and bring us as close as we were before.
Now me and Opu are friends again. We often communicate with each other through phone calls. If not, then through facebook. It will be injustice to facebook if I do not call it a friend of mine. Only a friend can reunite a friend with another friend, no one else. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Sorry about Opu, i think we all go through this from time to time!

    ReplyDelete